Where: Our annual fundraising auction will be held at the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center: 3815 American Blvd E, Bloomington.
When: Thursday November 17, 2011 at 6:00-9:00 pm.
- 6:00 pm Drop off auction donations, check out the other items and enjoy refreshments.
- 7:00 – 8:20 pm Live auction with Sharon Stiteler (The Bird Chick) as our auctioneer.
- 8:20 – 8:55 pm check out and clean up.
Why: Raise money for the Refuge and other environmental education projects.
Who: You and your friends. Please come to the Auction and buy something. We will have items in every price range. If you can donate something to sell, wonderful!
Get some of your holiday shopping done, have fun and raise money to support a variety of environmental education projects. Here are some examples of items you will find at the auction:
- Print by Owen Gromme called Distant Thunder, of Passenger Pigeons. Retail value $245. Take a look at the image.
- Bird houses and feeders donated by All Seasons Wild Bird Store
- Gift certificates donated by Milio’s Subs
- Pie for a Year donated by Baker’s Square
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum admission tickets
- The book Twelve Owls by Laura Erickson & Betsy Bowen
- Birding guide Birds of North America & Greenland (Princeton Illustrated Checklists)
- Home-made goodies: bread, cookies, candy and jams
- Lenox bird figurines
Come and bid often, bid high and have fun doing it for our environmental education program!
If you can donate auction items or provide refreshments, thank you!!
- Make plans to drop off your contribution ahead of time. This will help us set up quickly on Thursday evening. Coordinate with Anne: 952-936-0811(h), firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please let Jan Carlson know if you can bring some snacks. 952.858.8604 or email@example.com.
- If you need to bring your items on Thursday evening, please make every effort to deliver them between 5:30 and 6:30 pm.so people can preview your items before the bidding starts.