By Bob Williams, MRVAC Treasurer
We had a fun and successful Holiday Auction at the Refuge Visitor Center on November 19. We raised a total of $2,000 which is about the same as last year. Thanks to spirited auctioneering by Mark Lystig and Scott Clark we raised $2000 from both member donations and items from these generous companies:
- Abdallah Candies
- All Seasons Wild Bird Store (Minnetonka)
- Benda Photography
- Bloomington Arts Center, (aka Artistry)
- Chanhassen Dinner Theater
- Dardis Designs
- Eagle Optics
- Great Harvest Bread Company
- Jensen’s Café (Burnsville)
- Milio’s Sandwich Shops
- Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Mixed Blood Theater
- Natasha Drexler; Wallace Method therapy
- Nothing Bundt Cakes, Eden Prairie
- Old Log Theater (Excelsior)
- Refuge Friends Inc
- St. Paul Chamber Orchestra
- Valley Natural Foods Coop (Burnsville)
On Give to the Max Day in November, 26 donors gave $1,785 to MRVAC. This is about $500 more than we raised in last year’s Give to the Max event.
In past years we have used the money raised in November to help support programs at the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge, local schools and nature centers that are geared toward environmental education for young children. We plan to do the same with the money raised this year.
We thank all of the members who gave their time and/or money for these fundraisers.