We had a very successful and entertaining Holiday Auction at the Refuge Visitor Center on November 17. We raised a little over $3,000 which is 50% higher than the previous 2 years.
Our fabulous auctioneers, Mark Lystig and Scott Clark sold about 100 items donated by members as well as these generous companies:
- Abdallah Candies
- All Seasons Wild Bird Store (Minnetonka)
- Bakers Square
- Bloomington Arts Center, (aka Artistry)
- Chanhassen Dinner Theater
- Cornerstone Copy Center, Burnsville
- Eagle Optics
- Great Harvest Bread Company
- Kah-Née-Tah Gallery and Cottages, Lutsen
- Milio’s Sandwich Shops
- Northern Rail Traincar Inn, Two Harbors
- Nothing Bundt Cakes, Eden Prairie
- Old Log Theater (Excelsior)
- Refuge Friends Inc.
- Valley Natural Foods Co-op (Burnsville)
We also raised about $2,000 on Give to the Max Day which is a little more than we raised last year. We want to thank everyone who donated either at the auction or online.
2017 will be the 50th year since the chapter was officially incorporated and we have some exciting projects that we are working on to mark the occasion. This money will help fund these as well as the grants that we typically give to the Refuge and other worthy organizations for their efforts.